Informationen zur Anzeige:
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (m/f/d)
31.07.2021, Universität Passau
The Assistant Professor of Secure Intelligent Systems, Professor Elif Bilge Kavun, invites applications for the position of
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant
for immediate start.
This is a full-time position, based on a fixed-term contract with a term of three years, with the option of renewal.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate on research projects related to secure intelligent systems
- Work on complex topics within our focus areas
- Plan, administer and deliver classes of a total of five teaching contact hours per week
- Conduct your own doctoral research/doctoral studies
- Must have a very good master’s (or equivalent) degree in electrical or computer engineering, or a comparable engineering degree
- Very good university entrance qualification (usually the secondary-school leaving certificate)
- Prior knowledge of hardware and software security, applied cryptography or secure critical infrastructures, practical implementations and embedded electronics are desirable
- Good knowledge in the field of hardware/software and system development, ideally in the context of embedded systems
- Knowledge of relevant programming languages such as C/C++/Python, MATLAB, PSPICE and hardware description languages
- Proof of research experience through publications is required
- Experience in teaching at universities, ideally evidenced by activities, e.g. as a student assistant, is required
- Analytical thinking, initiative and creativity, resilience, reliability
- Goal- and problem-oriented way of working, abstraction and analysis skills
- Ability to communicate, cooperate and work in a team
- Very good knowledge of English
What we offer you
The University of Passau wishes to increase the proportion of its female staff and expressly encourages women to apply for the position.
- Remuneration in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement TV-L; the salary step depends on your qualifications and experience
- A rewarding, diverse and challenging academic position on a modern, verdant campus located on the banks of the river Inn, a few minutes' walk from the historic Old Town of Passau
- A great work climate in a family-friendly environment
This position is suitable for candidates who are registered disabled. Persons with disabilities are given preference over non-disabled applicants who do not otherwise have statutory preferential status if their overall personal aptitudes, skills and qualifications are equal.
Job-sharing arrangements may be possible, depending on the number of suitable candidates.
The University of Passau owes its strong visibility and good repute to excellent research, innovative teaching and its tight-knit international academic networks. Some 13,000 students and more than 1,300 staff study and work on our University campus, which is located a stone’s throw from the historical Old Town of Passau and combines state-of-the-art technical infrastructure with award-winning architecture. Internationally successful high-tech companies and a vibrant start-up scene, coupled with a rich culture and Lower Bavarian traditions, give Passau and the surrounding area a special appeal that makes it a great place to live and work.
So bewerben Sie sich
To apply, please send your full application, including all supporting documents (including your school, training, and work certificates as well as your curriculum vitae and transcripts) attached as a single pdf file to Professor Elif Bilge Kavun (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later than 15 August 2021. E-mailed applications are kept on file for six months after the conclusion of the appointment procedure, whereupon they are deleted from our systems.
If you have any further questions about this position, please contact Professor Kavun directly.
Please visit www.uni-passau.de/en/university/current-vacancies for our data privacy statement.
Die aktuellsten Angebote im Bereich bildung-training: